Researchers in Japan invented a speech jamming gun. It works by recording the victim’s own words and sending them back with a 0.2 second delay. The effect this has on the brain makes its target unable to speak.
I believe the early prototype was a stupid gun and that it was tested on politicians. Take a look at the following evidence and see if you agree.
- “I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.” — Dan Quayle
- “They misunderestimated me.” — George W. Bush
- “I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it.” — Barack Obama
- “Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.” — Marion Berry
- “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.” — Richard Nixon
- “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” — Nancy Pelosi
The speech jammer is definitely an improvement over the stupid gun. By rendering politicians mute, I think many will appear smarter.
May the farce be with you!